Phillips Staffing is seeking experienced packers.
Position Summary: Plans packaging production by obtaining orders; gathering supplies
Description of Duties:
- Documents production by completing logs.
- Ensures that cartons are properly filled, sealed and package coded.
- Verifies packaging quality by comparing packaged product to specifications and samples, reworking or rejecting unacceptable packaging.
- Packages products by loading supplies, observing and adjusting machine operation, remove jams.
- Help package the product in the form in which it will be sent out.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventative maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
- Remove finished packaged items from machine and separate rejected items.
- Operates (may set-up) equipment on production line, carton cleaner, coders, filler, packing machine, weight scale, pallet stacker robot, shrink wrap, metal detector, case sealer and ensures all is running properly.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and reports all problems to supervisor.
- Monitor the production line, watching for problems such as pile-ups, jams and reports all problems to supervisor.
- Count and record finished and rejected items.
- Responsible for monitoring food safety.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Computer Skills, math and written skills required.
- Able to lift 30-40 pounds of raw material bags.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task on any type of projects.
- Meet packing deadlines.
Preferred Skills and experience:
Reporting to Position: non applicable
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools; or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear taste or smell. The associate must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of the job, the associate is exposed to manufacturing floor.